The best headphone amp under 200, what is it? Basically, most of the products in this price range are the best budget models in terms of price / quality ratio.
In any case, every high-quality music lover has his own requirements for a headphone amplifier. That is why, for the convenience of selection, all models presented in this review are subdivided into categories. So you can go straight to those models that are suitable for solving your specific tasks at a minimal price.
So, if you want to make the right choice, which will later serve you for many years, then first you need to decide on the conditions under which the amplifier will be used, as well as what mandatory functions it should have.
Best Headphone Amps Under 200 Reviews
Best Desktop Headphone Amps Under 200
Best headphone amps under 200 are suitable for home use. This type of amplifier is large enough and can take up a lot of space, so transferring the amplifier can bring some discomfort to lovers of high-quality music. So, if you use it in the same conditions, then this is a great option.
Audioengine D1 – best overall
The Audioengine D1 may be the best headphone amp under 200. Firstly, although it is a desktop amp, it will take up very little space on your desk, while making the sound crystal clear and much louder thanks to the built-in 24-bit DAC.
To adjust and control the amplifier, only a volume lever is needed, there is also a power indicator.
As for inputs, there is everything you need for excellent operation of the amplifier – USB input, RCA output, of course a headphone input and an optical input.
That being said, the striking feature is the excellent optimization of this amplifier. You don’t need any additional drivers to connect to any laptop or even Apple TV.
- The built-in DAC in the amplifier saves money on the purchase of an additional unit, making the sound cleaner
- L + R RCA output makes this amplifier more versatile than the rest devices
- At low music volumes, the difference with or without an amplifier is negligible
- Over time, the sound quality when using an amplifier can degrade significantly
Schiit Magni 3
This amplifier is slightly cheaper than the previous version, but for the difference in price, some technical characteristics may suffer.
Its power is 1300 mW / 50 Ohm, which, of course, is quite enough for good and uninterrupted operation.
The volume is adjusted using the wheel. The amplifier is adapted for excellent operation in the frequency range from 20 to 20,000 Hz, and here we see the difference compared to the first amplifier.
There are built-in PCA inputs and outputs, as well as a headphone input.
Enclosed in a metal case, the accelerator has a stylish look and is quite easy to carry, despite the fact that it is considered a desktop one.
- The enormous power of this amplifier allows you to work with almost any headphone, from the cheapest to the most expensive
- Can be connected to your monitor, or even used as a preamp for your speakers or TV, making it unique in its kind
- Over time, the wheel that is used to change the volume starts to work poorly
- Problems may occur when connecting this amp to Sennheiser headphones
Best Tube Headphone Amp Under 200
Most professionals and amateurs prefer tube amplifiers, and there is a rational explanation for this. The sound they transmit is considered cleaner, softer and warmer than other types of amplifiers.
At the same time, they do not differ much in price, which makes them even more attractive to buyers.
Little Dot MK2
This tube amplifier is one of the best in its price range.
It does a great job of boosting the volume of your headphones, while also enhancing the sound quality.
A 6.5 mm input is used as the main one, but an adapter for a 3.5 mm jack is included in the kit.
Suitable for work with frequencies from 20 Hz to 50,000 Hz, which makes it more useful, than other amplifiers presented in the review.
The maximum distortion is less than 0.1 percent. The output power of the amplifier is 300 mW (600/300 ohms), and the impedance ranges from 32 to 600 ohms.
Great circuitry of this amplifier improves heat dissipation, reducing the chance of overheating the amplifier.
- Combined with good headphones, this amplifier can deliver sound better than even more expensive models
- The new design that prevents overheating, combined with an incredibly complete package, makes the amplifier one of the best value for money
- It would be worth tightening the bass, since when using this amplifier, they are practically not felt
- Also, at low frequencies with a low sound volume, different digital noise can be felt
Best Portable Headphone Amp Under 200
This portable amplifier helps you enjoy great music wherever you are.
This device provided by Ir Studio is truly unique, if only because with its help your wired headphones will be able to become wireless once and for all.
This is due to the fact that a Bluetooth module is preinstalled in this amp.
In addition to this, there is a DAC inside the amplifier, which makes the sound cleaner.
Measuring 1 x 2 x 0.5 inches, it can be carried in a pocket or bag without any problems, and it weighs just 0.704 ounces.
There is a headphone jack and two volume buttons for convenience.
The lithium battery is enough for excellent work in active mode for 14 hours. There is also a built-in noise canceling microphone.
- There is a great app with which you can tune the basic characteristics of the amplifier in your smartphone
- It copes well with both low and high frequencies
- There may be problems with connection to some devices via Bluetooth
- If you connect two phones to this amplifier at once, it can overheat, and also often fail